|About the book|
This introductory text details Arthur Lessac’s proven procedures for understanding, training, and improving the voice and speech of the performer by exploring the varied qualities of the physical energies associated with producing sounds.
|Table of contents|
Foreword by Frank Langella
PART I. SEEDING THE SOIL AND BUILDING THE FOUNDATION
1. Theatre As a Laboratory
2. Don’t Envy a Good Voice . . . You Have One!
3. The Duality of Breathing and Posture
4. The Energy of Relaxation: The Creative Art of Resting
PART II. ORGANICALLY CULTIVATING THE BODY’S VOCAL NRG STATES
5. The Dynamics of Consonant NRG: The Music of the Consonants
6. The Dynamics of Tonal NRG: The Music of the Voice Itself
7. The Dynamics of Structural NRG: The Music of the Vowels
8. The Four Neutrals: The Musical Feel of Staccato and Syncopation in Speech
PART III. REAPING WHAT WE SOW
9. Exploring Creative Vocal Life: General Exploring and Discovering
10. Exploring Creative Vocal Life: Speciﬁc Exploring and Discovering
11. Exploiting Your Creative Vocal Life Onstage
12. What about a Standard'
Appendix A: A Comparative Guide to Pronunciation
Appendix B: Some Related Comments
Appendix C: Some Relevant Anatomical Illustrations